- Peanut butter has indeed lots of calories however its packed with healthy monounsaturated fats, just like olive oil. These healthy fats improve your blood cholesterol levels, which can decrease your risk of heart disease, plus benefit insulin levels and blood sugar control.
- Since its protein and fibre rich, you feel fuller for a longer period of time. You eat less and lose weight!
- This protein is also great for repairing and building muscles, especially if you lift weights.
- The healthy fats and proteins will give you an energy boost in the morning: perfect if you work out in the mornings.
- It contains antioxidants, potassium, magnesium.
If you are looking for a light natural snack prior to your work out, eat one spoon of peanut butter! It's so yummy and satisfying. Depending on your weight and training schedule, you can have it one or two slices of whole wheat bread as well. Shop for natural peanut butter! Low fat versions tend to have more sugar. Check also the sodium levels.. Always read the the nutrition facts!