It's an awful fact that people with certain body types (endomorph & mesomorph) cannot lose weight by consuming refined carbs like pasta, bread and rice. It is also true that these refined carbs (even its fibre rich counterparts) can cause blood sugar spikes which causes eating binges. This doesn't help you with your diet. Instead replace them by consuming healthier versions that will keep your body balanced whilst losing weight.
One of our favourite products is Shirataki noodles! Shirataki noodles is the name for noodles made from the the konjac plant grown in Eastern Asia and used for thousands of years in Japan to lose weight.
Konjac is 100% natural, gluten free, high in fibre, almost calorie-free and carb free. Nutritionist Pierre Dukan popularised the root of the fibrous plant in 2011 when he added it to his 100 approved foods list.
The properties of konjac:
- Almost calorie and carb-free
- Lowers cholesterol levels and enhances the good cholesterol (HDL)
- Helps the digestive system and constipation issues
- 70% of konjac contains water soluble dietary fibre: Glucomannan
- Glucomannan is water absorbent; up to 100x its weight in water, which make us feel full longer
- Controls blood sugar levels and avoids those spikes
- 100% natural
- Gluten free
- No flavour of their own, absorbs seasoning easy
- Versatile in dishes: the sky is the limit when it comes to variation in recipes
- Easy and quick to cook; by adding them to the dish you are cooking for a few minutes
- Shirataki noodles comes packed in liquid and is easy to store
Shirataki noodles are sold in asian specialty stores, but also in Amazon (.com and .uk) and in the Netherlands on dieetwebshop.nl. For your convenience you can find them here. They come in different packages and lately made of tofu instead of konjac. Swap your spaghetti for this miracle noodle and start seeing the results!
For a real quickie, rinse the noodles and steam for 3 minutes. Drain the water and season with crushed garlic (garlic powder is perfect as well), black ground pepper, sea salt and dried parsley.
Our delicious lunch shirataki recipes are ready in a jiffy!